1) Keep writing to Rt Hon Claire Perry MP
We urge you to write to Claire Perry to encourage her to adopt a position that protects the interests of her constituents. Not to write shows disinterest…
2) Support MPs who are stopping a crash out Brexit
Crunch time is coming and now is the time to write to a small group of MPs that has been the visible and voluble part of a campaign to halt a crash-out Brexit. Others have campaigned to revoke Article 50, demand a People’s Vote, or have spoken in support of a government of national unity. Their determination, often in the face of threats of violence against them and their staff, deserves our appreciation and encouragement.
Who to write to?
Those who spoke to grassroots reps at a People’s Vote event in the House of Commons last July were:
Jo Swinson CBE MP (Lib Dem),
- Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP (Con),
- Alison McGovern MP (Lab),
Others opposed to a crash-out Brexit (but not necessarily in favour – yet – of a People’s Vote) include:
- Rt Hon Philip Hammond MP,
- Guto Bebb MP,
- Rt Hon Sir Keir Starmer QC MP,
- Rt Hon Ken Clarke CH QC MP, and
- Rt Hon Harriet Harman QC MP.
There are many others. Here is our selection of MPs with their email addresses.
What should I say?
Your letters need not be long. We give samples and phrases to supportive MPs.